Personal Data Protection
Personal data privacy is becoming an increasingly important issue in many industries. As the collection of personal information has increased, so has the potential for misuse. Privacy regulators across the globe have been enacting legislation to safeguard personal information in reaction to the possible danger and harm. Staying up to date with new laws or new interpretations of existing laws is crucial for maintaining compliance with the developments in privacy law.
At Lee, Tsai & Partners, we assist our clients in keeping up with their obligations under Taiwan's privacy laws. Our lawyers have assisted our clients in developing privacy policies and procedures that are compliance with privacy requirements while also meeting their commercial demands.
Our team has been entrusted by clients across various industry sectors, including streaming services, automotive, manufacturing, health care, social media companies, e-commerce platforms, etc.
Our services include but are not limited to:
- Advising clients on their obligations under the Taiwan Personal Data Protection Act (the "PDPA").
- Localizing global privacy policies for compliance with the PDPA.
- Drafting and reviewing privacy statements for online activities.
- Advising on issues related to employee privacy.
- Advising clients regarding data breach incidents.
Our privacy practitioners are regular contributors to the Taiwan Chapter of the Global Privacy and Security Law Handbook and OneTrust Data Guidance's Taiwan- Data Protection in the Financial Sector and Data Breach Guidance Notes.
Our experience in personal data protection includes but is not limited to:
- Advised a global social media company regarding data protection issues.
- Advised an online streaming service on its use of CCTV cameras in the workplace.
- Advised a listed American multinational contract research organization on its employee background checks.
- Advised a global data storage company regarding its collection of employee vaccination status.
- Advised a German multinational corporate manufacturer of luxury vehicles on the personal data protection issues with its connected car services.
- Advised an American multinational media and online technology company on its Privacy Notices.
- 2022 年 1 月 28 日
The Ministry of the Interior Prescribed Regulations Governing the Security Maintenance of Personal Data by Nine Designated Categories (such as Construction) of Non-government Agencies. The Obligation to Report Major Incidents Within 72 Hours and Enhanced Information Security Measures are Specifically Prescribed