To regulate the import and export declaration of goods by consignors and consignees and to unify the requirements for completing the customs declaration forms for the import and export of goods, the General Administration of Customs issued Announcement No. 60 of 2018 on June 21, 2018 on amending the instructions for completing the customs declaration forms (the “Announcement”). According to the Announcement, the amendments primarily include the following contents:
1. Corresponding adjustments and revisions are made with respect to the completion of fields such as the pre-recording number, customs number, domestic consignee/consignor, record number, mode of transport, name of vehicle and voyage number, consumption/production or sales unit, nature of levy or exemption, type of packaging, marks and remarks, item number, product name and specifications, domestic destination/domestic source, the declaring unit, etc. in line with the relevant current regulations.
2. Five new fields for the “offshore consignee/consignor,” “cargo storage location,” “port of departure,” “entry/exit port” and “self-declaration and self-payment,” are added.
3. The names of four fields are changed: “Consignee/consignor” is changed into “onshore consignee/consignor”; “port of import/export” is changed into “entry/exit customs”; “port of loading/destination” is changed into “port of call/destination”; and “documents attached” is changed into “documents attached and their numbers.”
4. Enterprises in special customs supervision zones declaring the entry of goods into or out of such zones to the Customs are required to fill out the Recordation List of the Customs of the People’s Republic of China for Inbound (Outbound) Goods. For inbound and outbound goods between a special customs supervision zone and domestic locations (other than the special areas), enterprises outside the special areas shall complete the Customs Declaration Form of the Customs of the People’s Republic of China for Imported (or Exported) Goods. The transfer of bonded goods shall be carried out pursuant to relevant requirements.
5. The Recordation List of the Customs of the People’s Republic of China for Inbound (Outbound) Goods should be completely in accordance with the Instructions on Completing the Customs Declaration Forms of the Customs of the People’s Republic of China for the Import and Export of Goods.
6. The new customs clearance parameters can be downloaded from the portal of the General Administration of Customs (Home > Online Services > Information Query > Customs Clearance Parameters).
The Instructions on Completing Customs Declaration Forms of the Customs of the People’s Republic of China for the Import and Export of Goods as amended came into effect on August 1, 2018, upon which Announcement No. 13 of 2017 and Announcement No. 69 of 2017 of the General Administration of Customs became void.