As the world is facing a critical moment in energy transition, it has become a key issue for many countries to ensure a stable supply of energy while maintaining economic development and environmental sustainability. Our firm has been engaged in the energy practice area for many years and continues to pay close attention to government energy policies, in particular policies in relation to renewable energy and the development of the renewable energy sector. Our firm’s clients in the energy sector include wind power investors, offshore wind power companies, leading technology companies, independent power plant operators and more. Our services include but are not limited to:
- Providing legal advice on energy policy and related laws and regulations, including but not limited to the Electricity Act and the Renewable Energy Development Act.
- Advising on investment in the renewable energy sector, obtaining regulatory approvals and other legal compliance matters.
- Reviewing renewable energy-based power purchase agreements and legal advice on related laws and regulations.
- Handling government investigations and disputes.
- Provided legal advice to a renowned Belgium offshore wind power company in its joint venture with the largest shipbuilder in Taiwan, including reviewing shareholder agreements, establishing a joint venture entity in Taiwan, advising on the Foreign Investment Approval, and advising on the Fair Trade Act, the Company Act and other laws and regulations.
- Provided legal advice to a wind power investor in connection with a financing project on relevant Taiwan laws and regulations.Provided legal advice to a leading global technology firm in connection with the power and renewable energy projects on Taiwan energy laws and regulations.
- Provided legal advice to a leading global technology firm in connection with the power and renewable energy projects on Taiwan energy laws and egulations.
- Represented a domestic gas-fired power plant in litigation over concerted action.
- Provided legal advice to a well-known U.S. oil and gas company on CPC’s LNG Storage Tanks of Taichung LNG Phase 3 Project and TPC’s LNG Receiving Terminal Project for a domestic coal-fired power plant.
- Represented a German multinational conglomerate corporation in resolving a contract performance dispute with TPC in regards to gas turbine generator facilities in Linkou.