In recent decades, changing views on market competition and the active enforcement from competition law authorities worldwide have made competition law into a legal field that no enterprise can afford to ignore in their business operations.
Lee, Tsai & Partners have successfully represented our clients in many landmark competition law cases. Our firm has extensive experience providing professional legal services to our clients on competition law issues ranging from concerted action, abuse of monopoly position, merger approvals, vertical restrictions (price-based or otherwise) to other unfair competition conduct issues. We have also successfully assisted our clients in resolving competition law matters that involve intellectual property rights, such as standard-essential patents (SEPs) and abuse of patent rights, as well as assisting competition law matters arising from other jurisdictions, such as responding to competition investigations by authorities in the US and the EU.
- Represented a domestic gas-fired power plant in concerted action litigation (administrative and civil).
- Represented several domestic cement companies in concerted action administrative litigation.
- Represented a domestic listed company in responding to antitrust investigations in the US and the EU.
- Represented a domestic listed company in handling litigation in Taiwan, the US, and the EU that involve intellectual property rights and competition law.
- Represented the a South Korean multinational manufacturing conglomerate corporation, including its subsidiaries, in handling competition law matters in Taiwan.
- Represented a global fabless semiconductor company headquartered in Taiwan in its participation in an investigation by the Taiwan Fair Trade Commission regarding SEP licensing.
- Represented an Austrian high-performance sensor solutions provider in obtaining merger approval in Taiwan in relation to its public acquisition of a renowned German lighting solution provider in Germany.
- Represented a Japanese consumer electronics company in reporting its merger with a Dutch multinational conglomerate corporation to the Taiwan Fair Trade Commission.
- Represented a listed domestic energy company in obtaining merger approvals in Taiwan as well as in Mainland China.
- Represented an American multinational conglomerate corporation in handling unfair competition complaints, including behaviors on the internet, counterfeit products, among others.